Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ahhh... Sanibel

     OK, so I survived the first week without work. No alarm clock, no schedule, no deadlines. Taking a few days off to visit Sanibel didn't hurt, it was perfect timing but tomorrow is Monday. Unemployment will kick in $275 per week YIKES, it will help but obviously I'm not going to be able to afford to stay out of work long.

     I know I'm not the only one out there looking right now. With everything that's going on in the housing market unemployment is up and recession is even a possibility.

     My first reaction would be to take the first thing that comes along, maybe even a lower paying job with the same company. I am being advised by friends not to do that, I guess I'll have to play it by ear.

     Sometimes a life altering event like this gives us opportunity to take inventory of our lives, and our priorities and sometimes leads to greater happiness ... that's sort of what I'm counting on. It's still a little early in the game to hear my inner voice, I'm still at that panic stricken point where all I really want to do is go back to the job and the routine that I have known and loved all these years.

     This will be a journey of sorts, it's not like I'm in an industry where one just moves from one job to the next in  lateral motion. The home improvement industry is a little different and who knows ... maybe I'll decide to move in an entirely different direction.

      I don't write at my best when I'm under stress or duress, but I am hoping to find the desire to post here more often now that I have a little time on my hands, maybe it will help in my search for something new.

                             *** Coy ***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write when you feel like it.  I know we'll all be anxious to hear how you're doing.

As you know, I'm in the midst of adjusting to big changes now too.  You have to give yourself permission to roll with it.  Some days are better than others....that's normal.  Like you, I am banking on big change opening exciting new doors.  Let's hope that's what we both experience.

Anonymous said...

it certainly won't hurt to be open to the  possibilities during this time of change....as long as you have a little faith, they are bound to come your way.  good luck coy :)

Anonymous said...

I am hearing a very nice positive note in your post - love it! While you didn't choose this change, you do have an opportunity to make yourself happier than ever. I hope you can find something that allows you to use your creativity - you have incredible talent!

Sanibel sounds like a great place to lick a few wounds ;-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh man that looks so pretty & relaxing! I hope you find something soon! I know it is tough!