Tuesday, October 14, 2008



Ok so it's not a whole week, but it is 5 days. It has been soooooo long since I've had a few days off, 5 days seems like an eternity.

I didn't make any formal vacation plans but Wednesday , October 22 through Sunday, October 26 I am going to just take some time to myself and plan to spend a little time with my friend David.

That Friday and Saturday happens to be the Breeders Cup weekend. David is a big fan of Thoroughbred racing and the Breeders Cup is a horses ultimate shot at the big time, it's what everything else has lead up to throughout the year.

With 23 million dollars in total purse for the event, 5 million for the Breeders Cup Classic race alone ...it doesn't get any bigger than that.

I just realized this morning that Saturday will also be Moon Fest <-- on Clematis Street <-- a huge street party in West Palm with Live Bands, a haunted house, street performers, circus acts and adult costume contests and fashion shows.

This happens to be one of my favorite events of the year. I just called David and told him to eat his Wheaties that weekend because we will be watching the big race at the track via simulcast by day and taking part in the moon Fest street party by night, I can't wait.

Now, to figure what kind of costumes we will wear ... thinking back (photos above) on some of the ones from a face painting convention I attended a few years ago. I'll need dust off the face paints and get the old creative juices flowing.

1 comment:

alphawoman said...

"Omega" my youngest Sis works for Breeder Cup so should be already getting the place all ready for the big event. I love BC and I believe it will be in Lou next year. Have a great time and too bad about Big Brown a no show.