Saturday, September 1, 2012

Avacado Love ...

The avacados in the back yard are almost ready. I know they are high in fat but it is unsaturated fat, the good heart healthy kind. I've collected over 80 beautiful avacado recipes on pintrest while I've been waiting for the avacados to mature, it takes months and months you know. This is only the third year the tree has had fruit, last year stormy weather early in the season knocked most of them off of the tree when they were still very small. This year ... we have a bumper crop.
I love Hass avacados from California, really I do. Chipotle uses Hass in their guacomoli and to me there is not many things much better than that. But ... the Florida Avacado is huge, it is bright green with shiney skin and is sooooo good with a little salt and pepper. With all these avcados on the way I did double check the health benifits mostly to see how much is to much of a good thing, I was delighted to find that 1/2 a avacado daily would not be to much. I also read ...
"Avacados are a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins C,K, folate, and B6. Half an avocado has 160 calories, 15 grams of heart-healthy unsaturated fat, and only 2 grams saturated fat. One globe contains more than one-third daily value of vitamin C, and more than half the day’s requirements of vitamin K". (source - Web MD). I'm going to print one of these photos (with Pogo) to go in my planner, I would like to make it a goal to take a photo a day with my Nikon this month.

 

No comments: