Sunday, March 20, 2005

Three birds, one stone!

      I promised Renaissance photos but I've been really busy for the past couple of days. I love this time of year ... busy is good!

     I also wanted to do Scalzi's weekend assignment in celebration of the first day spring, I was very inspired by Althena's drawing ... (that kid has got talent).

     Plus ... I really wanted to have time to do Judi's artsy essay contest this month, I do love her theme.

   So, here goes ...

 

A fairytale look

at all the colors of spring,

makes me feel happy.

 

     Haiku's always make me think of Mumsy ... do you think she still reads us?

      BTW-Judi, I know that my fairytale photo essay does not meet the criteria for your contest, but you've got to admit that it ties into your theme really well. Can't you almost see, smell, taste, hear and touch the 16th century through these tiny windows?                              

                     *** Coy ***

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very creative!  Nancy

Anonymous said...

you always sound like you are having so much fun!
Marti
http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings

Anonymous said...

I think this absolutely must be included in the essay contest and I am delighted that you did it!!! It is perfect. judi

Anonymous said...

Smell the 16th century, my god woman, you are right about that!

Anonymous said...

Very novel approach, knowing Judi, she'll accept it!! rich

Anonymous said...

creative journal...
http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart

Anonymous said...

You must had a lot of fun at this Renaissance fair.  I would love to attend something like this.  It's like something out of a fairytale.  I love it!
Tami
http://journals.aol.com/rivercitygirl1/PicturePages

Anonymous said...

hey i love birds i think that they r kewl ...... well not as much as monkeys i think thet r better!! no offence......... if u want to check out my journel it is called A LIFE OF A PUNK'S LIFE but i am no where near a punk i am just a normel person! so check it out some time! bye!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the picture :(
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Those festivals are such fun.  We have Renaissance festivals here, too.  Much to early and too cold for that right now, though!  Nice pics!

Anonymous said...

Great Pics!!! My brother has always participated in the Renaissance Festivals.  He also put together some of the live chess games that you see sometimes.

Anonymous said...

So many people like to play dress-up!  Thanks for sharing these... Ye olde friende, Albert

Anonymous said...

Coy these are fabulous, I love the Renaissance fairs, we have them here in Jacksonville every weekend.


Derek

Anonymous said...

Wow... that was one of the coolest entries I've seen lately... Love how you tied everything in <g> And I agree with Judi.. It belongs in the contest!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

A few years back I went to the Reinassance Fair...in Oklahoma.  I went in the booth of the fortune tellers.  They read my palms and said to me that I have a ring in heaven waiting for me with an R o it.  Still to these day don't know what they were referring to.  It was lovely though!  I enjoy watching them with the falcons.  

Anonymous said...

What a terrific collage of Renaissance Faire!  I recall munching on a turkey leg, breathing in fabulous smells, and meandering through enactments at a Fair near Chicago many years ago.  Your photographs transport me back to that day and time.  Thank you!

http://journals.aol.com/benu4444/CreativityBitsandPieces/

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how I miss the Renaissance Festivale! Thanks for the memory jog. Have to get back there soon!