Monday, June 11, 2007

Belmont Stakes ...

     the third jewel of this years triple crown took place at beautiful Belmont Park, in Elmont N.Y. Saturday.

     No, I wasn't there but I did watch via simulcast from Calder Race Course as Rags to Riches (A filly bread to go the distance) dueled it out with Curlin (this years winner of the Preakness), to win the million dollar stakes race by a head.

    The photos above are from some of the local shows I attended this season with a friend. You know me ... anything for a few colorful photos and a story or two to tell.

                                *** Coy ***

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

    Great photos. I love the new media for displaying pictures.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Not really a horse race fan but your pics make me wish I were. thanks

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Coy ~ Horses are such elegant creatures ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

My favorite one is the splash of water on the silky back of the horse
Marti

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!  Race tracks are always such colorful experiences.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I loves the races!