Friday, November 12, 2004

Heres looking at you kid ...

and I mean right at you.

     Heres an upclose and personal look at a mundane yet magical dragon fly. I've been getting some camera practice time in this week right in my own back yard, so much to see here.

     It's fragile wings, long slender body and huge compound eyes remind me just how amazing nature can be.

     Did you know that dragonfly eggs are laid very near the water and once they hatch the nymph will remain in the water for 1 to 5 years while developing into an adult dragonfly. As an adult, the dragonfly will only live for another few weeks.

     I took a series of photos of another amazing creature in my back yard this week and I'm still deciding whether or not to post them here. The photos could be considered way to much information, eeek.

                     I'll let you know

                        *** Coy ***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern to the wings. I've not seen many here lately as their season is about past. I miss having the photo ops like I did over the summer. They can be posers and I swear they like to have their photo taken. Nice shots!

Crop out the visual info if you think it's too much. I've blocked out license plates with a few of my shots.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!  Dragonflies are beautiful things, I love to see them over our pond in the summer and how the sun catches the colours of their bodies. Nature is wonderful. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Coy!!! This is AWESOME! Great photos & such a beautiful subject! Now you've peaked my curiousity. I'm looking forward to the next set of pics. : )

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Coy!!!
-Connie

Anonymous said...

Now I need to know what you photographed that is "too much information" oh Coy, do tell, do post! LOL.  Great shots of the dragon fly!  Very nice!

~JerseyGirl