Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Primary Love



Photo 2005: strange window display taken from an outside table looking into a beachside restaurant

Below, I posted the Purple Passion poem I wrote several years ago because I know that if I am going to take a serious look at putting my priorities in order, I am going to have to deal with some of my thoughts and feelings about my relationship with David.



I’ve known David for years, we are very close friends, we enjoy each other’s company immensely and depend on one another for nearly everything. However … we are both perfectly comfortable not having to sort out the details of our relationship.


Obviously David is my primary love relationship but we never, and I mean ever, say "I love you" to each other. Okay maybe it was mentioned a time or two several years ago when we were sorting through some things, but we decided at that time that neither of us were ready to commit to the L word yet. Funny, it doesn't seem so strange until you put it into words.


We both know that we are way over due for an updated “lets discuss the perimeters of our relationship conversation” but neither of us seem to feel a real sense urgency about it.


I’m not going to get this one sorted out here tonight, I'm not even going to try. I’m just saying ... if putting my priorities in order is going to become a reality, I’m going to have to deal with the me and David thing.

Interesting that with the exception of the last line, “discontentedly accepting the silence and preparing to dance solo in the rain.” Not much has changed between us since 2005 when that poem was written.

2 comments:

Astaryth said...

Sometimes relationships mutate... become what we need at any one time. AND they are usually a pain to figure out. Still, knowing you need to look at something in your life is a good first step. Good Luck figuring stuff out... I've never been able to ;)

Rose said...

I think you should discuss the matter. Love is beautiful and I personally feel it should be said often.

Hugs, Rose