Thursday, November 17, 2005

They're still there ...

     but at least I don't have to look at them.

     My pal Mortimer (who happens to be coming to see me in a few weeks ...YAY!) sent me the following E-mail.

 

MY DISCOVERY!  

     BLOCK THE BANNER ADS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! CELESTE IS A GODDESS!   "It may be that your sole purpose in life is
simply to serve as a warning to others."

Mortimer
Mortimer's Cafe

 

     I clicked the "My Discovery" link above and found out that by choosing the blocking pop ups button at the bottom of this page, then clicking set pop up control preference and then block all web pop ups ... I don't have to look at those God awful ads in my journal or in anyone else's. Thanks Mort, thanks Celeste.

     I still don't want the banners to be posted in Rain and plan to continue posting at Dancing in the Rain International for now, at least until they update the software here to include them too.

     But ... I will be making my normal J-land rounds again without being bombarded with those ads now.

     I feel extremely sad that so many seem to be leaving J-land, I hope we can get this worked out or find a way for all of us to stay together,  I hate this.

                                                       

     I wrote this entry to post in Dancing in the Rain International but ... tonight there is no longer an add new entry button. Bet that means they are working on the software :(

    

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture! I need to work with my PhotoShop!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. This upheaval in J-land is taking some getting used to. Oh boy.

dave

Anonymous said...

It only blocks moving ads, JPEG ads still show up but hey, it's better than it was! Thanks for the shout out, I can't wait to meet you!!!

Anonymous said...

Coy I hope aol sort this mess out soon - we don't have ads on our journals in the UK - .....Ally

Anonymous said...

Well, I do not have ads yet but no doubt the time will come. Blocking ads made no difference to me, I can still see them on your page.  Makes you laugh, part of the aol service is an ad blocker and yet they go and put ads on.  Screwy or what?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

You're meeting Mort?  Lucky you!  :-)

Anonymous said...

There has been talk for a long time that AOL was going to remove the links between the servers in the US and the UK ones. No more double dipping for FTP space and no more UK blogs.
http://ryanagi.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The picture is beautiful!
Celeste

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you here with me. It was getting kinda lonely
Marti

Anonymous said...

My Discovery link? Where is it? I just used the "allowing pop-up" box on the bottom. It got rid of the amimated ad's, but has left behind an empty box with the little red x...use to be called the dreaded x, but now it is welcome.

Anonymous said...

Oh...lol. I figured it out!

Anonymous said...

My daughter almost went to college there in Boca Ratan...sounds like a neat place.  Have the hurricanes been a problem there?  She opted for Seattle University and so we litterly are dancing in the rain!   Interesting site!

Maria  

Anonymous said...

Coy:  I know it's an upsetting adjustment for many of us-- but I truly believe we can "stay together" by making a commitment to visiting each other wherever we decide to blog/journal.  I know I've read some journals off of AOL on a regular basis, but in the past I have been too lazy to open an account and figure out how to comment on them.  It really can be done-- I see that now!  

AOL International doesn't work for me because I am NOT living in the UK-- so I can't feel okay about keeping a journal through that means.  But that's just me.

I think I am finally through with AOL, I have to figure out another ISP, but I will have an AIM s/n so I can comment on my friends' journals still.

Hope you are well, sweetie!  --Albert

Anonymous said...

Soooo...can we find you here from now on?  Just wanna keep my links in order. :)

Beautiful photo!