Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The first day of spring ...

     It was sunny and in the 80's today, just like every other day. The first day of spring comes and goes here in South Florida with little notice. But ... Mandy is here from Georgia, that's note worthy.  It's going to be a really quick visit still, I'm very glad to see her. Last night was art night with Karen and Paulette, Mandy joined us. Her face became the canvas.

    Paulette painted the left side in lavender and blues, I painted the right side in red green and gold. I have much less experience than Paulette but not completely unhappy with the results. I still need tons of practice with thin flowing lines before June. 

     This was actually Mandy's second modeling job of the day, her boyfriend was doing a photoshoot for the front of a CD and since Mandy was there, the photographer offered to do a session with them together and another of Mandy on her own. Why wouldn't he? The camera has always loved that face.

     No those are not her lips, she cleaned the paint off of them to eat pizza before the photos were taken. We tried painting them on last night with Photoshop. They passed her inspection at 2 am when we were playing with the photos, she may feel differently about it when she sees them today but ... to late now, right?

      Have a good week ahead everyone.

                                                 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful model and a fantastic painting job!! No spring here yet in Boston,in fact just the opposite brrrrrrr low 30's. You may think you need more practice but from what I see its perfection.

Anonymous said...

Cold here still - found any new condos for me there? I am thinking four years, though. I have no idea why, but 4 years sounds good to me. Your face painting is lovely - you should have shown both sides!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Coy it is still really cold here in England and had flurries of snow this morning ~ The face make~up looks good to me ~ I would like to have a go at that ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I am consistently amazed at all the things you can do
Marti

Anonymous said...

WHAT TALENT!
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

"just like every other day"

My gods, that's boring as all hell!

Anonymous said...

Neat!
V

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, clever you.  I bet you had a lot of fun doing it.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

very cool!  love the "painted lips"!  gotta love photoshop!

Anonymous said...

I think you did an awesome job..and you guys can give me lips anytime you want.  I was not blessed in the lip dept.  lol  Take care,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

WOW, You did a great job.  I'm impressed.       Dawn