Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Sky On Fire ...

over the River of Grass!

     Last night's sunset was magnificent. I took this shot at Loxahatchee Park, it's right around the corner from where I live. The park borders on the edges of The Everglades and is one of the only places close by to photograph the magical moments of sunset. Those few fleeting moments when whole world seems to go techno-color right before your eyes.

     Living on the East coast of Florida we see the sunrise here and very little of it setting. I takes special effort to load up the camera, hop in the car and drive to the park at exactly the right time of day (and just before it's time to wash the car) but it's so worth the trouble.

     My one day weekend is over, off to work in a few minutes. It's so incredibly busy for us this time of year so ... let the games begin.

                                                       

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photo shot is beautiful. I love it. Helen

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous... absolutely gorgeous!

I live to the west of you... and the sunset was magnificent last night. The clouds wer in several 'layers' giving it a 3-d effect. I wanted a picture so bad.. but we were in the midst of driving back home down I-75 and all I could do was enjoy it <g>. But, today seems almost a carbon copy of yesterday weather wise, so I'm hoping for a second chance!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photograph.
http://searchthesea.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, oh my god...what a spectacular photo.  We're heading to FL soon to see my fiance's folks in Boynton.  Have been to this park.  Maybe we'll go back this trip!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

AWESOME............................Stormie

Anonymous said...

I see my best views of the sunsets here from the top floor of the parking structure at my favorite mall, lol....no comparison to when I have sat on the water at Key West, though. Florida has such beautiful sunsets.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow!  That is one of the prettiest sunsets I've
seen in a long time!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty...great photo shot.  I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Stunning picture, I would love to snag it as a screensaver if you would not mind?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pic.  I imagine some white wine, soft music, and total peace.  Thanks for sharing. hugs,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

wow it looks like its touching the grass.  great pic

Anonymous said...

wow it looks like its touching the grass.  great pic

Anonymous said...

W  O  W  !!!!!!!!!
V

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems Mother Nature gave you a nice gift to end your one day off!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome
Marti