Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I can't seem to get enough ...

     Ok, so my long walks in the marsh with my camera are sort of becoming obsessive and choosing one or two favorite photos to post is almost impossible so ... I just keep posting all of them.(Hope you don't mind)

 

     I am feeling a lot better this week than last, must be the endorphins from the new exercise routine and all the fresh air I've been getting on my walks.

 

     Anytime my rhythm in life starts feeling out of sync, being out in nature seems to help more than anything else. I guess that's why Loxahatchee has become one of my new favorite places.

 

     Now in addition to the everyday stuff already on my mind, I can't stop thinking about war ...  more war???

 

     Could Gandhi have been any more right when he said ...  

   "An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind"

 

     It's been a while since I've posted a J-link du jour but, after reading an anti war entry written here in J Land yesterday that really caught my attention ... I wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

     At the Hestia Homeschool Journal, Kas rants about an ideal world where the leaders like good moms, would rule the world by playground rules. Go HERE and read for yourself. (she warns ... graphic photos)

                                                      

                                 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Coy...love your pics...love your commentaries.   I'm with ya.
(Glad you're feeling better too...maybe you'll motivate ME!)

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/1240

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are just beautiful, Coy! I think you are feeling better from a combination of nature and exercise and fresh air :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, post away! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Please, post ALL the photos you please, because they give so much pleasure to all of us who are unable to experience your beautiful area!  Such beauty to behold!   Happiness to you!   Judy, in CT

Anonymous said...

These are all stunning, Coy.
I can understand why you would post them all, each one has to be displayed!!!
I love them all.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriestoo/

Anonymous said...

always love your nature shots and observations coy.  beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The photos are stunning as always especially the insect ones.  They should be in a nature magazine.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that the restlessness you mentioned in an earlier post was a stirring to get out and spend more time with nature?  I know that taking time out with my camera settles my soul.  It seems like maybe it's doing the same for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Coy, just stopping by to check on you.  You take such good pics.  I too like to get outdoors as it brings peace and comfort being in God's surroundings - sounds of water trickling, birds, squirrels, and whatever other natures scenes are taking place at the time.  Outside can be very entertaining if we allow ourselves to notice.  Good luck on your presentations.  I am not fond of being outside my comfort zone either but sometimes we can stretch and grow our comfort zone areas.  And then that is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

It's the butterfly effect. I wake up and stub my toe. I get angry and take it out on the Jitney driver. He becomes mad and pisses off all the customers he drives around all day. They go home and beat their kids who aggravate their teachers who piss off their principals who fly to a conference and piss off the taxi drivers who annoy their patrons getting into a plane going to the middle east where all the anger just ends up and explodes into all out war.
It happens. The good thing is, at least it's there and not here, I guess that's a good thing.