Sunday, February 15, 2009

100 things #8 I sing out loud when I'm in the car ...

mostly old songs written by old friends.


I left home when I was 16 yeiars old ... it broke my mothers heart. These were my roommates. We moved to Atlantic City from Florida, they were hoping to make it big in the music industry.



This was nearly 30 years ago and I still sing their songs ... my favorite "Just like a Light House." The lyrics include a part that says ...“I’m just like a light house on a stormy sea, if your boat gets lost you can depend on me. When it's cold as the rain and it’s black as the night, look for me and I am always in sight. But all I want to know is who,who looks out for me when I'm looking out for you?”I wouldn't take a single minute back ... this was a very happy time in my life.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Now this is some very, VERY cool info about you, Ms. Coy!

Thanks for sharing...

Nancy

Ann said...

What awesome lyrics! I'm smiling the biggest smile for you, Coy.

Ann said...

PS-I sing out loud in the car, too. It's one of my favorite things to do. :D