Friday, December 31, 2004

3 Hours and 12 minutes to go ...

      I'm off to ring in the New Year with a few friends and won't be going empty handed. Amazing what a difference a little cellophane and garland can make. (I wrap everything in cellophane, my trademark.)

     A bottle of champaign, a cheese ball, (I make these every year for my friends at Christmastime instead of baking cookies) and ... the worlds best artichoke hearts in my Grandmother's silver serving dish. Yep, I did say world's best artichoke hearts, any challengers? I'll try to find time to post both recipes tomorrow if anyone is interested.

     Things should settle down for many of us after tonight, I don't know about you but I'm kind of looking forward to settling back into the rhythm of routine.

     I'm sure that the fact that we are ending 2004 with an international state of emergency of enormous proportion will be on all of our minds tonight and that there will be many prayers that the relief sent to the people in all of those  nations directly affected will somehow outweigh the need, if that's even possible.

    I'll see all of you next year, have fun and enjoy the magic of the evening but ...  no drinking and driving tonight, I mean it. Assign a designated driver if you think you'll need one.

                                          *** Coy *** 

   ps ... WooHoo!!! (insert happy dance here), my camera software glitch is solved. I had time today to delete the program and reinstall it or you may have been looking at a lizard photo here and reading about ... ahhh, never mind. 

     Computer still in a funk, moving soooo sloooooow ... hope to get things back in order in a day or two with a little help from my friends, and you know who you are. lol 

  

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to stop by and wish u a very happy new year...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to wish You and YOurs a Happy New Year!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

HI COY LOVED THE CELLOPHANE. PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE AT WWW,STACEYHALPRIN,COM LOOK FOWARD TO REDAING MORE OF YOUR ENTRIES

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR COY!!!!! Love you! ~Ann

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  It is good that you are set a 40ish goal for yourself.  My 40's were my best years so far.  I am 62 now, but life is good.  Well it will soon be better the more the world prays for peace.

So, to you I wish Peace to you for 2005!

Mssylady

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD! The artichoke dip looks DIVINE.... Now, I'm hungry.. been meaning to sllep for the pat 2 hours... now who has artichoke dip at 5 am?
M

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a pick of the week. I agree Florida is great!
Adam
http:\\journals.aol.com\pawsadam\chester

Anonymous said...

The cellophane looks very festive! Happy New Year to you and yours! Enjoy that warm weather, sigh. xoox

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year !!!! PLEASE do post the recipes !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Coy,

 As I started my second AOL blog today I found yours and I must say it has been a pleasure.  My name is Sharyn/Starrz109 and I love it girl...thanks for sharing.  My gastric bypass journal is open.  Let me know if you would like to read it...I am two weeks post surgery yesterday and doing really good...I love forward to reading more of your stuff...thanks...Starrz

Anonymous said...

Mmm artichoke hearts? Looks gratinated from far off. Do tell more....

Anonymous said...

I had gastric bypass in January of 2001.  Initially, I was disappointed that I only lost 75 pounds and could not get below 250 pounds.  However, at that time I was on a bunch of medication for various chronic conditions, including asthma, which affected my weight loss.

In February of 2004, access to medication was lost due to my husband's retirement and loss of my prescription coverage.  So they were no longer a factor in keeping my weight static.  

In August of 2004, I began babysitting my three grandchildren and began losing weight again.  I am now down below 220.  The beauty of gastric bypass is you no longer feel hungry and are not ruled by food.  There are many days I forget about eating to the point my husband complains I forgot to plan dinner.  (And he is a skinny "civilian").

Good luck, however you plan to lose weight.  It is a life-long battle that not many people win on their own.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful night Coy!
Blessings to you this new year!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Glad the camera glitch is solved! Have a Happy New Year taking more great  photos! & Congrats on being on the Edito's Pick list this week!  

Anonymous said...

Glad the camera software program glitches are solved.

Happy New Year!

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Coy!!!  Hey congrats on being selected as no 1 pic of the week.  I have now placed you on alerts.  I was not finding the time to get to everyone's journal.  And well, yours, I just don't want to miss - I always enjoy it and then have to catch up.  Hope the New Year brings you all the things you dream and hope for.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON BEING THE NUMBER 1 PIC!!!!! WOOT!!!
~Ann : P

Anonymous said...

I like your journal and have put it on my alerts, and I will continue to read it. I have a journal if you wanna check it out its
http://journals.aol.com/luvinmythreeboyz/Mythoughtsinmyworld/

I am looking forward to those recipes ~ your j-land friend Heather

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your camera software working!!  I would LOVE to see your recipe for artichoke hearts!!!  I love those!!!
Micheyle

Anonymous said...

#1 wow! And you have been busy. LOL I have some serious catching up to do.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled on "this" by chance!!  how does this operate, also a keen photo chap just back from Costa Rica where every blink of the eye lid is a sharp photo, longing to get back there again, maybe March, their high summer season.
PG  an englishman living on Long Island NY