Ive heard it said that a real friend
* is considerate
* is patient
* is independent
* is loyal
* makes you feel less alone
* can stand the test of time
* does not make promises impossible to keep
* has a sense of humor
* is trustworthy
* listens well
* laughs often
* tells great stories
* has charisma
* keeps an open mind
* has tact
* can share emotional and intellectual conversation
* is willing to exchange ideas
* doesnt say I told you so
* often offers to lend a hand
* accepts you as you are
* is available and accessible
* loves to come out and play, sometimes till
* is happy for your good fortune
* is concerned about your misfortunes
* isnt jealous
* offers emotional intimacy
* encourages your creativity
* will sing to you if asked
* shares your interests
* sees beyond your flaws
* believes in humanity
* respects you right to your own opinion
* shares similar values
* has knack for letting you know that you are special
* and much more
If all of this is true then I have one and I am one. For this I am grateful.
This is a quick list and in no way complete; please feel free to add to it in the comments.
* Viarbooba- I think patientence and consideration are a huge part of friendship.
* SloMo- I've heard it said that a real friend... pimps the mess out of you in their journal.
* Freepeace- A real friend is also brutally honest. Whoops, so much for tact.
* Penny- Will help you hide the body. Just kidding, kinda :)
* Coy- A real friend may have your journal on entry alert. They may see all of your pre edit bloopers, but they see past your mistakes and come to leave a comment anyway.
* Tracey-Friends are people who help us cope with life and you have greatly helped me in mine. Thank you.