Thursday, March 25, 2004

Joey

     My son Joey called today. He is 20 years old and lives in Louisiana. He went to the dentist and they are going to have to do a tooth extraction. The dentist wants to charge him 350.00 to extract the tooth, guess it has to be surgically removed.

     That did not sound right to me so I called Louisiana and found another dentist that is only going to charge 150.00. I knew exactly which dentist he went to when I heard how much he was going to charge.

     A tooth extraction at 20 does not sound good. He is no longer under my insurance and I am sure that like most kids health insurance and dental insurance seems about as important as starting up a 401K plan. I hope Joey takes good  care of his teeth they have to last a long long time.

     Above is an uncompleated drawing I did of Joey when he was 16.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My teeth & my wallet are hurting just thinking about it! ; ) I love the drawing! SHEESH!!! You sure are talented. Writing, photography & you can draw too?! Very cool Coy! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow Coy, you draw too!  We don't have dental insurance either and dentists can get so expensive.  I have to shop around for another, I realized ours charges more than most just for a cleaning.  
~JerseyGirl