Friday, September 3, 2004

Batten down the hatches

     We have stocked the shelves, we've battened down the hatches and now we are waiting to ride out the storm.

 

     Made one last minute trip to the grocery store, they are boarded up but still open.

     The long, long lines at Home Depot are still there now that Frances had slowed down and we have an extra day to prepare.

     Forget trying to buy gas at this point, It's all gone. The lines have been soooo long all week.

     Water is a pretty hot commodity in a hurricane, it's been pretty hard to find for a couple of days but we've got plenty to last a few day's without electricity. Have also filled buckets for the all important flushing if we have to :-0

 

     Had to bring the orchids in, they would be destroyed in the kind of weather we are expecting, not to mention being projectiles. Can't let you see them all, it would show to much of the junk in the garage.  

     I am still having a lot of pain with the pinched nerve, it's lodged between 2 discs in my neck Ouccccch. Will have to have a cortisone shot in my neck after the hurricane and maybe even physical therapy? Hmmm ... this is a first for me. I don't do pain.

     Ok, gotta go. Maybe I can find a hurricane party out there somewhere now that we are all prepared here.

                                     *** Coy ***

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see ya all prepared.  Hope you find something in the cupboard for the pain before and after the corticone shot!  You're in our thoughts.
~~mumsy

Anonymous said...

Even with your pinched nerve,getting ready for the hurricane and frances beating at your doorstep,you still find time to take pictures and share your experiences!! wow!! you are amazing and what a positive attitude you have!! My hat off to you girlfriend!!!! good luck

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you Coy...... my kids are in Orlando.

Anonymous said...

you look prepared.......I'll be thinking of you........be safe...
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you!
I hope that your pinched nerve gets better soon.
Check in with us so we know that your okay :)

Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR YOU AND ALL THAT MAY BE IN THE PATH OF FRANCIS.......STORMIE

Anonymous said...

Your pantry looks like mine-lol-. I spent yesterday trying to clear debris from my front yard. I'll be heading out to the grocery store in a bit for last minute items. The gas situation STINKS! I filled up the other day. (whew!) Hang in there Coy!!! ~Ann : )

Anonymous said...

You've taken such great photos and really given us an honest account of what it's like to live there right now, with all this mess going on.  The pantry photos are making me hungry.  LOL  You guys be safe!!  I'm thinking about you tonight.