Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Pretty Pretty Princess

 

     This is a picture of my Mom and Dad the night of their High School Prom. I have always adored this picture and spent an hour or so frantically searching for it after reading a couple of entries in J-Land about fantasy play, hoop skirts and sparkling tiaras in the last week or so.

          Michael<--click     Albert<-- click

                   (How about this billowing lace boys?)

     This dress hung in my Mothers closet forever, when I was a kid I would try it on and dream about the day when it would actually fit. I was so sure that everyone would think I was the most beautiful girl in all of the land. (nope, never did have Ms America Fantasies like some folks), just wanted to wear that dress.

     I guess by the time I was old enough for it to fit, it was no longer on the top of my gotta-do list. To bad because I would love to be posting a photo of me today in the Pretty, Pretty Princess Dress.

     As far back as I can remember my whole family has been into playing dress up. My Dad lives in New Orleans and is an amazing costume designer I remember him making me the most gorgeous pair of butterfly wings to wear when I was a little girl. I am planning on posting a lot of costume photos of all of us in October. Heres oneI posted a few months ago, a far cry from the princess.

                                           *** Coy ***

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Picture!
V

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am loving that lacy dress, Coy!  It looks big enough to devour your father though in the picture, LOL!  --Albert

Anonymous said...

That picture brings back some memories for me .  I think I had one about like it !
We had such fun dressing up back in the 50's and 60's !  Thank you for sharing!
'On Ya '  - ma

Anonymous said...

I just love old pictures!
This one is great!
Lovish!
Connie

Anonymous said...

lovely photo, your mom looks so pretty in that dress too!  love those old photos!  
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

awww nice picture!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the old photo, she really is a pretty, pretty princess.  

Monica

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture!  I bet you are glad you still have it in your family.  Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful dress I can see why you loved it so much

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/ADayInTheLife

Anonymous said...

What a great pic & THE DRESS....I love it!!! lol at your pimp picture, too funny. ; )

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have her waist.. but the outfit is not.. me.
m

Anonymous said...

What a great photo!  It must be nice to have something like that from your parents beginnings.  I don't even have a photo of my mother and father's wedding - my mother burned everything. I would have loved to have seen them young, when they were really in love, you know?  The only vision I have of them is as two seperate identities who have never shown any love for each other.. well, my father tries.  My mother has no interest.  It's sometimes hard for me to believe that they were ever really friends, that they could come together and create life together, build a home together.  I think if I had a photo, I might be able to imagine it.

The dress is beautiful.  Is it still around, I wonder?