Friday, July 16, 2004

Weekend assignment #15

 

  Bad Food Moments.

This assignment is easy for me. Over 3 years ago I stopped eating meat again. Mainly because of the chemicals, antibiotics, hormones and pesticides found in the commercial animal products where I shop.  

The possibility of Mad Cow Disease or E Coli Contamination are additional reasons for my decision. Anyone looking for a reality check, the truth about the meats in this country can be found in "The Mad Cowboy" a book written by Howard Lyman, a former cattle farmer. This is a real look at just how disgusting meats in this country actually are. Read it and you will never look at Steak on the Barbi, the same way again.  

Johns question is actually "What is the most disgusting food you have ever had in your mouth. Hands down I will choose Fried Calf Liver. OMG YUCK!!!

Extra credit a food product so awful that you couldn't even bring your self to try it... Brussel Sprouts. Nope, never tried em', never will.

                                         *** Coy ***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad.  I have never refused to eat anything put in front of me from snails, to eels, oysters, brussel sprouts, mustard greens.  I don't think I have ever been disgusted by a dead food. I have never tried the live insects as on Fear Factor.  I loved it when our dinner partner the other night showed us how to eat the eyeball from a red snapper.  As for meat, the rarer the better and I've never gotten sick.

Anonymous said...

I hate liver, yuck is right.  I like brussels sprouts, I always have!
Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

EWWWW!