Tuesday, April 6, 2004

continued

     Infidelity within a marriage is no small thing and can't help but cause great pain to those involved. He made choices that affected all of our lives but I am sure he did the right thing by leaving and that he did his best to allow everyone to keep their integrity intact. It was best that he not keep my Mom holding on to false hopes that he could somehow change who he was. Still I am sure it was not an easy thing to do, leaving 2 daughters behind.

     So here I am at 41 having Easter Brunch with my Dad that I hardly know. I supose that it doesn't really  matter because each day we are given new opportunity to reinvent ourselves and our relationships. Besides, do you really ever know someone else? Given how little most of us even know about ourselves, I doubt it.

     It will be a day's adventure to meet with my Dad and his friends. I am looking forward to it and I will let you know how it goes.

                                  *** Coy ***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good time with your dad, and that's asks a really good question, do we really know everything about someone?  Nah.  Looking forward to hearing how your visit goes.

Much Love, Penny