Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Disclaimer ...

     One ad that I have chosen to post at Dancing in the Rain International can be found HERE.

 

 I was very upset the minute I saw the banner ads in my journal a few weeks ago, and was relieved when I found out I could continue posting ad free at AOL International Journals in the same format I've grown so accustomed to. 

     I didn't get angry enough to commit to doing what ever it takes to move until I read the kiss off letter from Bill Schreiner in Joe's Journal. Now successfully moving my journal and it's archives to Blogspot is a matter of principle rather than a matter of inconvenience and aesthetic discontent.

      Why should I continue to be a loyal paying customer, when those providing the service openly admit that they could care less about any of us ... not to mention the fact that they are giving nearly everything I pay for away for free now?

     Now that I've made the decision to move, I've closed down Dancing in the Rain International, my UK visit was great but never intended to be a permanent solution. All updated entries will be posted here to keep them organized until my archives are moved and I'm all settled in at Blogspot.  

    

                                            

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote my comments in Joe's entry of what I emailed to "Mr. Scheider!" Ugh! He has no clue! I'll be moving too in a few weeks when school is done & I have more time. Sad but they leave us no choice!
Comment from psychfun - 12/4/05 9:58 AM

I've already got your new place bookmarked!  There's always someone around to help with the technical stuff at blogspot.  You're so right.  AOL didn't create the community, we bloggers did, and despite the change in URL, it still exists.  See you in the new neighborhood.
http:acrazyquiltlife.blogspot.com
Comment from sistercdr - 12/4/05 8:43 AM



Good for you Coy... the exodus list that is updated is at 150 journals and counting...... it is growing every day.
After you save a new entry at Blogspot and update, go back to your main page and right click anywhere on the screen.... hit refresh there and you will see all your entries. Don't worry, no matter what question you have, there will be someone to answer it as somebody has already tackled the problem before you. We ARE J-Land and the spirit of the community is alive and well.
Very good posts... these things need to be said.
judi
Comment from judithheartsong - 12/4/05 7:31 AM




I understand! It's amazing to see the length of the list of J-Landers leaving for Exodus. It's difficult to move, but I refuse to pay to get screwed. : )
Candace
Comment from candace636 - 12/6/05 10:17 AM

Anonymous said...

Hey great disclaimer...can we use it or your wording?
Comment from psychfun - 12/7/05 4:35 AM

 


Hope I can find you.... I can't figure out how to get "alerts" on the  bloggers!
Nancy  : (
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/
Comment from nhd106 - 12/6/05 11:03 PM

 


See you there. Don't forget the latest Cafe right around the corner!
Comment from luvmort - 12/5/05 11:43 PM

Welcome to the Blogspot subdivision of J-Land!  I'll check out your new address and add it to my sidebar.  

There's lots of technical help around for anyone who needs it.  We're all learning new stuff, all the time, and that's as it should be.

Karen
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com


I wanted to let you know the 1st Edition of the Moved J-Landers are out. I have posted them in my sidebar along with directions on how to download them if you desire to add them to your links.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/
Comment from gabreaelinfo - 12/4/05 3:49 PM


AOL is turning into MSN - available for free, full of ads. Once Microsoft buys AOL I wonder if they will charge or not?

xoxo
Comment from suzypwr - 12/4/05 1:04 PM

I just hope everybody really sees what he said:  America Online does not consider personal journals to be any different than chatrooms and message boards.  If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is.

Well done.

~~ jennifer
Comment from xzasporated1 - 12/4/05 10:43 AM
Comment from coy1234787 - 12/6/05 10:28 AM

Anonymous said...

I have this journal on alert...so when you are settled over at blogspot, email me the update!

Anonymous said...

I will miss you
Marti