Saturday, December 31, 2005

How many is to many?


   

 The Roseate Spoonbills are a site to see all dressed up in pink, and herons galore. Are they not gorgeous? 

 

    The White Pelicans come in at low tide by the hundreds. The little guy on the right is a Night Heron.

 

     Feathered friends everywhere you look on the island, even woodstorks (below) in the ditches on the side of the road. Maybe they don't have the cutest face you've ever seen but they are the only storks found naturally in North America.

 

     Ok, maybe this was enough feathers for one blog, I'll stop now. But ... there are so many other things besides birds on Sanibel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like an amazing place.  I love waterbirds!!  I HAVE to go here!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Those are great. I think my favorite is the grey one with the stripped head. Helen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Coy, thanks for sharing them......."Happy New Year" Ally

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Great shots. never too many!

Anonymous said...

How great!  Love the one of the pelicans by the water...and of the one standing alone by the water.    Happy New Year Coy!
Nancy  :)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos, you have some really great shots!
Nice variety~
Marie

Anonymous said...

These birds were worth the dialup wait!

I need to do something while I wait for things to load until I get my high speed cable-capable computer back. Maybe I can read War and Peace during download times.

xoxo