Friday, December 30, 2005

Sanibel Island ...

     One of my favorite places on earth. While I was visiting Brittney in Ft. Myers, I spent as much time as possible on Sanibel/Captiva Islands. The beaches, the sunsets, the seashells, the birds and other wildlife ... there's just no place else quite like it.

     If ever you find yourself in South Florida, it is so worth the drive through the Everglades to visit Sanibel at least once. The entire island is a sanctuary and the delicate ecosystem is protected by the locals and visitors alike. This was the perfect place to break in my new camera.   

       

   

     These birds were the greeters ... they were the first thing I saw when I got to the island with the exception of "The Sign." Ha :)                                         


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. Your camera is doing good along with your help of course. Helen

Anonymous said...

OK OK...the photos are gorgeous...but, I do think you stole (yes, stole) it from me!!
Nancy  :p

Anonymous said...

Love your birds!!!
Cool shots~
Marie
http://photographsmemoriestoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love Sanibel! And those are some great shots... I would say you've got the hang of it now!

http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I well never forget "the sign"!
I opened the coconut and it was horrible.

Anonymous said...

I would love to find myself in southern Florida! Great pics :)

xoxo