Thursday, December 8, 2005

Imagine ...

  that through your music mixed with a little politics, protest and religion ... you were able to tell the story of an entire generation. Twenty Five Years later you're still missed, John.

                                             

Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try,
No hell below us, above us only sky,
Imagine all the people, living for today...

Imagine there's no countries, It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for, no religion too,
Imagine all the people, living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions, I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and then he called all of his fans "idiots".
Real nice. It was in a recently released interview with Jan Wenner for Rolling Stone Magazine.

Anonymous said...

He certainly could write a good song......watched a programme on TV last night about the person who killed him,  It was very chilling.....Ally

Anonymous said...

He certainly is missed.  I listened
to my Beatles anthology CD today
and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I remember the day he died.
I cried my eyes out.  
Connie

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite songs.  I miss him too!

Anonymous said...

This song is my all time favorite.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

For all his music, I do believe that "Imagine" was the one that really hit it for me. If we really could live by those words, what a wonderful place this earth would be! BUT, reality bites!! rich

Anonymous said...

This was and is such a beautiful song, and I agree with every word. IIf only we could live in peace, love and harmony.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

You're right, he is still missed.  Wise at such an early age and with a powerful talent to share with all the world.

Anonymous said...

do you remember where you were when you heard the news? My husband and my room mate and I didnt' go to work that day, we were so sad, we just laid on the floor and got high and listened to records.
Marti