Monday, December 5, 2005

Rain International entry #2

11/18/05

Generic Responce ...

 Did anyone else send a message to AOL @  JournalChanges@aol.com about the banner ads?

If so ... did your response look a lot like the one below?

Guessing they sent out a generic form letter response.

  In a message dated 11/16/2005 2:01:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Coy1234787 writes:

  New updates not the best business idea for AOL. Upset about not being able to post an entry in my own journal ... very upset about the non approved advertisements in my journal ... very, very upset that so many of my friends are leaving J-land.
                                           *** Coy ***

Dear Coy1234787,  

Let me thank you for communicating to this screen name regarding the recent addition of banner ads on  Journal pages.  By doing so, you are helping us capture your concerns so that we can elevate them as appropriate to the necessary people.

Again, thanks very much for taking the time to let us know how you feel.  Rest assured that your feedback is important to us. Please let us know if you have any other comments or questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent the one now. I suggested they lower my monthly fee to $9.99, then they can banner away all day!!
Comment from sanforized6 - 27/11/05 01:34

 


"Yes, rest assured that your feedback is absolutely meaningless to us.  Please let us know if you have any other comments or questions.  We have a mass-delete button designed for just this very purpose."

I hate the way we're all scattered to the 4 winds.  I haven't been able to write in either journal ~ I spend all my available time either trying to track everyone down or figuring out how to post.  We'll all work it out, but in the meantime it just sucks.
Comment from txsguinan - 25/11/05 20:38

 


Mine said thank you for your suggestion.
Comment from csandhollow - 22/11/05 12:34

 


It said your feedback is important, not that they would consider a change. Jerks.

xoxo
Comment from suzypwr - 19/11/05 20:34

 


I got something like that but not code.
Comment from psychfun - 19/11/05 06:26

 

Anonymous said...

yes I wrote...different reply..same BS.
Nancy