Thursday, June 10, 2004

Echoooo1 questions

 

                                                                                           

I'm taking 3 questions too!


Comment from: echoooo1
"OK, I never commented on your Journal b4, but here's a question:

1. Do you believe a whirlwind sweep you off your feet relationship is love or lust or fantasy or?

      My answer to that is yes, yes and yes!!! Although we are taught that the true measure of love is the final outcome and that if it is real love it will last a life time, I believe that the kind of love that shakes you up, changes the way you view everything and leaves you weak in the knees is very real.

     Do I believe that this kind of love is lust, yes most defiantly, fantacy also yes, it may be near impossible to hold on to forever. I am just grateful that for a brief moment in time I accepted the invitation of a love like this and found out what it was like to love truly, and completely with every fiber of my heart, body and soul.

     I have heard it said that this kind of love only comes around once in a lifetime. I do fear that this may be true and hope with all of my heart that it is not! (good question, by the way)


2. If you lived in the Caribbean would you try to help the children that live in poverty or not?


     I must admit that the reasons that I choose St., Martin or St. Thomas as the place I would mostlike to live in the world, is not that politically motivated.

     I know that there is a thin line between the very rich and the very poor on these islands. Being that I do not qualify as very rich, it would probably only be a short period of time before I would be considered among the very poor.

     I am very proud of the fact that I have done my share over the years in my own community. Helping a friend start up aYouth Activity Center geared towards low income families, offering no cost after school and summer camp programs.

     We also worked very close with teens trying to reach their community service goals for college entrance, for Mitzvahs or to fulfill sanctions by a judge for community service hours.

     Still, I admit that my reasons for choosing the Caribbean are much more self serving.

3. Do you have a purpose for your life?

     For the past 21 years my purpose in life has been to raise 3 happy, healthy, well adjusted children that will fit in nicely as productive members of our society.

     My baby will soon be 18 and I am watching as my purpose is slowly changing. The center of my attention these days seems to be coming to terms with the fact that I am enough, I have enough, I do enough and I love enough. Maybe there is a new purpose out there just waiting for me.

                        Thanks for the questions Echoooo1

                                         *** Coy *** 

No comments: