Friday, June 11, 2004

The Gift

                                                                                     

 

     I think I found the perfect gift for my sisters 40th Birthday. It was the most exquisite piece I could find for her to frame her fabulous self in at 40. It's a Jay Strongwater piece. (to go near her perfume bottle collection) What girl wouldn't want a little something in a Jay Strongwater box for her birthday?

 

The Designer:

Jay Strongwater

In 1995, Jay Strongwater created and launched a collection of jeweled picture frames for the home furnishings market. Each piece is individually cast in metal in his Rhode Island workshop, then plated with an antique finish, enameled by hand and set with Swarovski crystals. Crafted like a fine piece of jewelry, each piece is ablaze with and exquisitely detailed from all angles.

They Made the O list. "I have these handmade picture frames all over my house. They are exquisite! Every one of them is like a work of art." — Oprah

 

     I went to Adanelle, one of my favorite little shops in Coral Springs. I only shop there for very special occasions. Went with a new Perfume bottle on my mind to add to Theresa's collection.

     This was not the best time of year to shop for something like that, the selection was small and I did not find one that I absolutly fell in love with. Party is very near, I came close to settling for less than the right thing and then I saw this frame. I saw it, I loved it, I bought it.

     On my way out the door, the woman that was helping me said, "I wish I could tell your sister how amazing it was to watch you take your time, examine each piece and then zero in on just the right gift. Then she said "I hope that some one will shop for me like that, just once." Maybe she says that to people all of the time or.... maybe not.

                                                   *** Coy ***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, how lucky is she!  Oh, I've seen his things, behind glass at fine jewelry stores or boutiques.  Reminds me of Faberge, beautiful enamaling, jewel crystals, whimsy at it's finest, I love it!  I'd love to work for him.  This is a special gift.

Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

PS. Can I be your sister?!  Hehehe, just playing!

Penny

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiul - perfect, even.  I bought Freeepeace a pretty jeweled photo frame similar to this one for her birthday.  I thought it was gorgeous.  And it had a little jeweled dragonfly on it, so I knew it was for her.  :)

Gifts that have thought put into them really do make an impact.  Your sister is going to LOVE this.  :D