Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The empty side of the bed

  For a long time now, my bed stays made at night.                   

I sleep here instead.

 This is a twin size day bed in my home office. It happens to be quite comfy actually and it is near my computer, stereo, TV, phone, my books and all of my friends at AOL-J's. What more could a girl ask for?

     Now I don't consider myself an extremely lonely person but I have been divorced for almost 6 years and have not really started dating again, so ... yes, that does mean that I do sleep alone !!! 

     I have decided over the years that it is better not to sleep in a bed that is to big for just me. When I do, the empty side of the bed seems to feel cold and makes me wish that someone was there.  So for now I'll keep sleeping in the office where I feel less alone.

************************************************************************************************

   I've been holding on to this entry for a while now. I guess it just felt a little to personal to be posting my bed on my journal. But recently there have been a few other bed postings sooo... I figured if SloMo and Freepeace can post these bed entries then this was as good a time as any to post mine as well. I invite all of you to join me and post your own bed entry if you dare and drop me the link (rated PG please)!  

      Oh, and since I've been showing you around my sisters place this week this is her bed, she sleeps there with her husband Chris. I sleep there when she is away and Angie the doberman sleeps there sometimes too.

 

                                           *** Coy ***

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehee, I got to tell you this is better than DiAnne (MT Headed Ramblings) and I's contest we had last year with who had the worst refrigerator (uh, I won, unfortunately...).  All of these beds look restful and very pretty!  I may play along too!

Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

I can surely relate to this entry! Wow, you said it all. And it's probably a very good idea to sleep in a smaller bed. I didn't even think about that. And think of the space you can save in the bedroom! More room to put stuff. Not to mention twin comforters cost a whole lot less than a Full or Queen!

Anonymous said...

Pretty bed!  I love the big brown [brown?] pillows and the little accent pillows.  That's something I was never good at - picking out the right size accent pillows.  If it were up to *me*, I would have a small bed or couch in an office with my computer, etc.  And I would sleep there, rather than my big bed.  Don't get me wrong, my bedroom is my favorite room in the house.  And I LOVE my bed.  I'm just addicted to the computer.  I like to listen to it "whirrrrrrr"  LOL

Your sister's house is really beautiful.  :)